What am I doing now

It has been a while since I posted here.  And things have changed.

They have changed so much so that I decided that what I had on my blog before doesn't really reflect what I want this to be about so *poof* out with them.

End of 2016 and I feel I need to reflect on what has gone and what will be.

I am now unemployed by choice, staying at home to take care of our 2 year old twins.  I am always going back and forth in my mind if I will return to work soon or not.  At the moment I'm leaning towards not.

Oh, we now have 2 year old twins that keep our lives busy as ever.  Our miracle children.  And by having them, they allowed me to join an exclusive club of other M.o.M.'s (Mothers of Multiples) who have been an absolutely wonderful support system and a great set of heros for me to follow!

I have dropped my personal development aside though as a result of these 2 crazy kids joining our household.  I need to get back into my photography and writing - so ta-da blog re-discovery!

Also to help keep me sane and connected and not so "Mommy on" all the time, I opened up my inner geek and started to play some Dungeons and Dragons with a few folks online.  Been having a lot of fun over the last year with 2 different groups.  By being apart of these campaigns, I've been able to write with more frequency - my game notes, stories that developed over a session or two.  I have developed 2 or 3 characters that I really enjoyed playing and getting to know - something much different than the characters you would create in a video game which was my RPG experience prior to these games.

I've taken up crochet and am making my husband a sweater.  I made my kids animal hats and me some mitts.  It was something I decide to learn when I first had my twins.  I figured "huh I'm not busy enough!"

Ok so that is the past - I am healthy, I have had my family grow.  My life has changed dramatically and slowly at the same time.

So what do I want for the future?

I really need to connect more with people in my area.  In other words, momma needs some friends.  I'm slowly starting to do that now, mostly with other M.o.M.s but it's a start.

My camera is dusty.  Now that the kids are not so needy I need to take more pictures.

My stories - they need to come out.  The games have really got some meat to them.  Especially one and I have been kind of talking to the DM about his world.  I may be able to slow work with him and create something.  That would be very different and such a learning opportunity.

I basically want to find myself again in 2017.  Who am I now? 40's, mom of young children, career over for now.  Who am I and what do I want in this next part of my life?

What do any of us want in our lives?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog